Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Perfect Hill Run

After a hot summer it sure is nice when the first "cold" front comes through. It wasn't really cold, but it was pretty pleasant. I started out the run with Dee and Priscilla, but I didn't stay with them because I knew we would end up spreading out during the hill workout anyway. At the beginning of the run my legs felt a little stiff despite rolling at home before leaving for the workout (probably due to being stupid and wearing shoes with a small 1" wedge at work). Fortunately they loosened up pretty quickly on the warm up.

The workout was five ~.8 mile loops that include some nice gentle downhill, steep downhill, and then steep uphill. Before starting Killer told me not to stop between each of the loops unless I really needed water. When we ran this a couple weeks ago I think I stopped after every loop but the first (it was also much warmer outside that time). So, I made my goal to stop after the 3rd and last loops. I did just that and still managed to keep my paces pretty close to the same:

Loop 1: 9:55 pace
Loop 2: 10:11 pace
Loop 3: 10:12 pace
Loop 4: 9:57 pace
Loop 5: 10:06 pace

Afterwards I was going to run back with Dee and Priscilla, but Cecillia was heading back and didn't seem completely sure of the route so I decided to run with her.

1 comment:

StephW said...

you need to update your blog... i miss reading about you.:)