Sunday, September 14, 2008

Busy Day

So last night Daniel and I went over to my mom's house for dinner because my step-grandmother was in town from Houston. My mom mentioned that she was going to run Sunday morning at 7:00. I normally I try to let myself sleep a little later on Sunday since the run is pretty short, but I thought it would be good to run when it's still cool outside and also get to run with my mom.

This morning when my alarm went off I really didn't want to get up, but I couldn't really back out at that point so I got up. Daniel was going to run too, but he chose to stay in bed. I met my mom and her running group out at the Brushy Creek Trail. They were running 8 miles, and I was only joining them for 4 miles. It was relatively cool outside, and it was nice getting to run with my mom. Unfortunately I think I may have been pulling them a little faster than they wanted to go so I tried to slow down some. I have a tendency to run my recovery and easy runs too fast so that was probably good for me.

The best thing about getting the run over with earlier is that left me lots of time to get things done. I got my grocery shopping over with in the morning before it got too busy. I got some of my normal chores at home done, and I worked more on organizing the home office. Daniel and I even got a small home project mostly done. We installed some knobs on our kitchen cabinets! We still have the drawers left to do, but that won't take too long.

No comments: